Friday, August 29, 2014

Doctor Lily Kwan - Personal Log #7

Now what do I do? They want me to meet the expedition’s Chief Scientific Officer – in person. But I can’t, I just can’t! There’s no way in hell I can get out of the Tower without a bodyguard.

I need to think about this. There must be something I can do. Hang on … I guess we could do it via vid screen. If Father finds out, he’ll be furious, but that won’t be the worst part. He’ll see to it I never set foot outside again.

On the other hand, it’s reasonable risk. I’ve chatted with other researchers on the vid before and Father couldn’t be bothered to ask who they were. If I ask Doctor Schmidt for the questions in advance, I can keep it short.  Yes! And I’ll say he’s in Europe so I have to stay up 'til the early hours because of the time difference.

When I weigh it all up, logically and calmly – yes, I’m going to do it!


God, I’m so scared, so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment